What are your thoughts on Groomer Has It?

• Thread starter Redbelly98
  • Start date
In summary, the first episode of the new season of Groomer Has It had several contestants with bios that said they had experience as dog groomers when they were only 8 years old. One woman was getting complaints from other contestants, and the show was scheduled to air at 10:00 Central time (11:00 in my time zone). The show was scheduled to air again at 10:00 Central time (11:00 in my time zone) the next day, but I missed it because I was taken away by something else.
Redbelly98
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Groomer Has It -- TV Show

Does anyone else here watch Groomer Has It? It's a reality show on Animal Planet, Saturdays at 9 pm Eastern / 8 pm Central. While I don't normally watch reality shows, I like that this one is based on something people actually do for a living (grooming dogs).

The second season just started last week, so I'm still trying to figure out who are the ones likely to still be around for the final few episodes.

Physics news on Phys.org

Oh, thank you for reminding me! I've got to watch this!

I don't regularly watch it, but have caught some episodes. I watch for the dogs, not the people.

I saw the first episode of the new season and was baffled. They had several contestants with bios listed like "40 years old, 32 years experience." They started dog grooming when 8 years old? I don't think giving Fluffy a bath counts as actual work experience as a dog groomer, but wonder if that's what they are counting.

Hmmm, I don't remember which one(s) fit that description, and the Groomer Has It web page does not have bios up for this season yet.

Last season there was a super-annoying guy ("tap-dancing on everybody's nerves", as one of the other contestants described him) who lasted through about 1/2 of the episodes. There's one woman who seems to fit that bill this year, at least she's the only one that was getting a lot of complaints last week from other contestants.

Looking forward to tomorrow's show.

Evo said:
Oh, thank you for reminding me! I've got to watch this!

1 hour to showtime...

I missed it! :frown: I was taken away by something else and haven't been near a tv. They must have repeats during the week

My listings say they're showing it again at 10:00 Central (11:00 in my time zone) ... 10 minutes away.

What is "Groomer Has It" TV show?

"Groomer Has It" is a reality TV show that aired on Animal Planet from 2008 to 2010. It features professional dog groomers competing against each other in various challenges to win the title of "top dog groomer".

Who created "Groomer Has It" TV show?

"Groomer Has It" was created by Animal Planet and is produced by 3 Ball Productions.

What are the criteria for judging on "Groomer Has It" TV show?

The criteria for judging on "Groomer Has It" include technique, creativity, and overall presentation of the groomed dog. Judges also take into consideration the groomer's ability to work with different breeds and temperaments of dogs.

How many seasons of "Groomer Has It" TV show are there?

There are two seasons of "Groomer Has It". The first season aired in 2008 and the second season aired in 2010.

Are the dogs on "Groomer Has It" TV show treated ethically?

Yes, the welfare and safety of the dogs on "Groomer Has It" are a top priority. The show follows strict guidelines and all grooming techniques are approved by a veterinarian. The dogs are also closely monitored by trainers and veterinary staff while on set.