Guidance for online BSc in Physics

In summary, the person is looking for an online BSc in Physics course and is seeking information on good colleges in India, available majors, required study hours, and approximate cost. They mention their preference for classroom education and their previous education background. The conversation also includes a suggestion for the person to consider a Bachelor of Physics course at Indira Gandhi National Open University, with details on admission, credits required, duration, and fees. A link to the program guide is also provided.
Bharath
I currently have a undergraduate degree in Computer Science and Engineering and I would like to take up physics along with my current employment position. So I am looking for a online course of BSc in Physics.
But I am not sure what university to choose and where the online courses are best.
I would like to know the following information:
-> Good Colleges for BSc in Physics (Preferably India)
-> What are the majors I can choose from
-> How many Hours of study is required to complete the education
-> what is the tentative cost for such a course

I know class room education is preferable to online course. I would like to know any other suggestions as well. I do have a pre-university education majoring in Science.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Hello Bharath,

1. The best option for you right now is to go for Bachelor of Physics course conducted by Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU).
The program is not online. It's distance education! They will send you all the study material and you just have to attend few classes on weekends for your doubt clearing sessions and your practical lab work and appear for exams every year.
Practical lab work is essential as it forms a part of the curriculum.

Admission for this year to the program has been closed, however you can apply for the January intake. (Admissions are held two times a year for the program)

2. You have to complete total 96 credits for the BSc program. For Physics major, you need to complete at least 48 credits in Physics.
3. The course duration is 3 years minimum and 6 years maximum.
4. The total fees for the program is Rs. 10500 (@ Rs.3500 per year) That is pretty cheap I guess ;) Hardly $200 for your bachelor's degree ;)

Following is a link to the program guide:

http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutignou/school/sos/programmes/detail/415/2
http://ignou.ac.in/upload/programme-guide-english-BSc

I hope that helps :)
Best of luck

Thanks very much for the suggestion :)
This seems good option.

You're welcome :)

1. What is an online BSc in Physics?

An online BSc in Physics is a bachelor's degree program in physics that is completed entirely online. It covers the same curriculum as a traditional on-campus degree, but allows students to complete coursework and exams remotely from their own location.

2. What are the benefits of pursuing an online BSc in Physics?

Some benefits of an online BSc in Physics include flexibility in scheduling, as students can complete coursework at their own pace, and the ability to continue working while studying. It also allows for a wider range of school options, as students are not limited by location.

3. Is an online BSc in Physics as rigorous as a traditional degree?

Yes, an online BSc in Physics is just as rigorous as a traditional degree. The curriculum and coursework are the same, and online students are held to the same academic standards as on-campus students.

4. What are the admission requirements for an online BSc in Physics?

The admission requirements for an online BSc in Physics vary by institution, but typically include a high school diploma or equivalent, transcripts, and standardized test scores. Some schools may also require letters of recommendation or a personal statement.

5. Can I pursue a career in physics with an online BSc degree?

Yes, an online BSc in Physics can lead to a career in physics. Graduates can work in a variety of fields, such as research, education, or industry. The skills and knowledge gained through an online BSc in Physics are just as valuable as those gained through a traditional degree.