Guidance required in choosing Universities for an MSc degree

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Vyoma
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello!
I have a BSc degree with a triple-major in physics, mathematics and chemistry. I would like to know about universities which have a really good Master's program in physics offering a specialization in Astrophysics (preferably not in the USA). Thanks for your time!:)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Well I would like to study in Germany or Australia. I've looked into universities like Bonn-cologne university in Germany. How can I really make sure that the Master's program is good in a university without really visiting it? Also I would like to know if there are any universities in Australia which have a good Master's in astrophysics program.
My BSc course was a completely taught-program. I do not have much experience in research. So I'm worried that I might not be able to keep with a program completely based on research. Are there any universities in Germany or Australia which have programs that include both lectures and research?
With regard to my knowledge of physics, it is very basic. I've studied classical mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, optics. But I don't have much practice or knowledge with regard to quantum mechanics. How would this affect me in keeping up with a master's program?
 
Last edited: