Rediscovering Hanoi Rocks: Is Anyone Else A Fan?

• Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fan Rocks
In summary, a person recently purchased the definitive collection of Hanoi Rocks and thinks they are an underrated band with unique material. They ask if anyone else has heard of them and what their thoughts are. Another person mentions they are from Finland and influenced the Manic Street Preachers. They also mention a fun time with the band and consider them one of the best from the 80's, along with Guns N Roses.
Andy
Hey people i have recently purchased "up and around the bend, the definitive hanoi rocks collection"

I think they where absolutely brilliant and the most underated band in history, their material is so unique, considering they are an 80's band.

Has anyone else heard of these guys? If so what dya reckon?

Yea, i am really bored, normally i wouldn't waste my time with this kinda thread, but I am waiting for jimmyp to take me to the amber nectar!

Physics news on Phys.org
I've heard of them, they're from Finland aren't they? Apparently they were a big influence on the Manic Street Preachers.

I came, I drove, You drank.

Hanoi Rocks are an ultimate band. I bet you are glad I introduced them to you.

You came, you drove and i most definitely drunk! What a riot that was.

Yea they are from finland, moved to london where they started playing more gigs, top quality band, apart from Guns N Roses the Best band from the 80's.

1. What is Hanoi Rocks and why is it important to rediscover them?

Hanoi Rocks was a Finnish rock band formed in 1979. They were known for their unique blend of glam rock and punk music, as well as their influential fashion style. Rediscovering them is important because they were one of the pioneers of the glam rock movement and have inspired many other bands.

2. Is Hanoi Rocks still active and performing today?

No, Hanoi Rocks disbanded in 1985 after the death of their drummer Razzle. However, some of the original members occasionally perform together under the name "Hanoi Rocks" for special events.

3. How did Hanoi Rocks influence the music industry?

Hanoi Rocks was one of the first bands to combine elements of punk, glam, and hard rock, creating a unique sound that influenced many other bands in the 1980s and beyond. Their fashion style also had a significant impact on the visual aspect of music.

4. What are some of Hanoi Rocks' most popular songs?

Hanoi Rocks had several popular songs, including "Tragedy", "Don't You Ever Leave Me", "Boulevard of Broken Dreams", and "Up Around the Bend" (a cover of the Creedence Clearwater Revival song).

5. Are there any upcoming plans for Hanoi Rocks or its members?

Currently, there are no plans for Hanoi Rocks to reunite or release new music. However, some of the band members are still active in the music industry and may have individual projects in the future.