Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Praise Happy 1yr Anniversary for PF Insights

Tags:
  1. Apr 27, 2016 #1
    The first Insight was published on April 28th, but I can't wait to celebrate :partytime:. I am brimming with pride and amazement at how awesome this resource has become.

We got something really really special here. 240 published Insights with well over 1 million views :oldsurprised:!

All glory to the wonderful authors who work very hard to bring you interesting and educational content on an almost daily basis :bow:. Truly incredible! This is really something to be proud about! A group effort that is changing minds and lives.

To help celebrate this momentous occasion I will be giving away a copy of the newly released book Black Hole Blues compliments of Penguin Random House.

To win this new highly acclaimed book, all you need to do is link to a favorite PF Insights and write a comment or two. I'll pick a user at random on Friday the 29th. Easy! Let's hear it for these PF Insight Authors!

Find your favorite Insight now!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 28, 2016 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Great achievement everyone!

4. Apr 28, 2016 #3
    :partytime:applause and congratulations to all the authors! :woot:

5. Apr 28, 2016 #4
  6. Apr 28, 2016 #5
  7. Apr 28, 2016 #6

ProfuselyQuarky

Gold Member
    2016 Award

8. Apr 28, 2016 #7

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

One million views? Wow... that's quite a bit more than I was expecting!

9. Apr 28, 2016 #8

anorlunda

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Great idea Greg, well implemented. I enjoy reading them and writing for them.

I notice that the page count in Scientific American is getting thinner every day. Perhaps what the world needs is an online version of that, such as PF Insights.

Thank you.

10. Apr 29, 2016 #9
    Last day to get in the contest. All you need to do is reply with a link to your favorite Insight!

11. Apr 29, 2016 #10

ProfuselyQuarky

Gold Member
    2016 Award

you'd think more people would do it :oldconfused:

12. Apr 29, 2016 #11
    Better odds for you :)

13. Apr 29, 2016 #12
    Of course, I'm a little partial to mine, but truthfully, I liked the series "does gravity gravitate?" It's a 3-part series, but I'll link the first one.

14. Apr 29, 2016 #13
    Hard to pick, I really liked Urs' series on M-theory and the following trip to prequantum geometry. But to pick a specific one would be hard.

I must say that https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/sins-physics-didactics/ was very fascinating, both from a didactical point of view and the physics in there. So I'll pick that one.

15. Apr 29, 2016 #14

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

16. Apr 30, 2016 #15
    Thank you for all those who participated in the contest. In fact, I am giving you all a book. I will be contacting your shortly :)

17. May 1, 2016 #16
    I really like that idea :oldbiggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted