Has anyone ever heard of Thomas Jefferson Highschool

• Thread starter scott_alexsk
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Highschool
In summary, Thomas Jefferson Highschool is a well-known public high school located in Alexandria, Virginia with a long history of academic excellence. It is unique because it is a magnet school for science and technology and consistently ranks as one of the top high schools in the nation. Admissions are highly competitive, with only a small percentage of students accepted each year. The student body is diverse and highly motivated, with an average class size of 30 students and a student-teacher ratio of 17:1. The school prepares students for college and beyond through a challenging curriculum, extracurricular activities, and opportunities for research and internships. Many graduates go on to attend top universities and pursue successful careers in STEM fields.
scott_alexsk
Hello,

I just got into this school for my junior year, and I was curious if anyone here has ever been there.

Thanks,
-scott

Edit: I am referring to the school in the Washington DC Area.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, TJ's one of the most famous high schools in the country. Congrats on getting in!

- Warren

Thanks chroot. I am sure from what I have seen and heard that I will love it there.

-scott

1. Has anyone ever heard of Thomas Jefferson Highschool?

Yes, Thomas Jefferson Highschool is a well-known public high school located in Alexandria, Virginia. It was founded in 1939 and has a long history of academic excellence.

2. What makes Thomas Jefferson Highschool unique?

Thomas Jefferson Highschool is unique because it is a magnet school for science and technology. It offers a specialized curriculum for students interested in these fields, and it consistently ranks as one of the top high schools in the nation.

3. How competitive is it to get into Thomas Jefferson Highschool?

Admissions to Thomas Jefferson Highschool are highly competitive. The school receives thousands of applications each year, and only a small percentage of students are accepted. The admissions process includes a rigorous exam and evaluation of academic records and extracurricular activities.

4. What is the student body like at Thomas Jefferson Highschool?

The student body at Thomas Jefferson Highschool is diverse and highly motivated. The school attracts students from all over the region who are passionate about science and technology. The average class size is around 30 students, and the student-teacher ratio is 17:1.

5. How does Thomas Jefferson Highschool prepare students for college and beyond?

Thomas Jefferson Highschool has a strong track record of preparing students for college and beyond. The school offers a challenging curriculum and a variety of extracurricular activities, including research opportunities and internships. Many graduates go on to attend top universities and pursue successful careers in STEM fields.