Hayden Panettiere's Tattoo: Is it Irony or Regret?

• Thread starter TheStatutoryApe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Tattoo
In summary, Hayden Panettiere's new tattoo, which is supposed to say 'vivere senza rimpianti' (meaning 'no regrets' in Italian), is misspelled as 'vivere senza rimipianti'. It's unclear whether this was purposeful or not, but it's certainly garnered some negative attention. It's also been suggested that she should have put "I want attention" on her forehead instead. Some people have also commented on their lack of understanding for getting tattoos in languages they don't speak. In a separate conversation, people discuss a photo of Phil Spector with a humorous hairdo, with one person joking that he can't be sad with that hair. Another person adds that he's a
TheStatutoryApe
Hayden Panettiere's new tattoo is supposed to say 'vivere senza rimpianti', which means 'no regrets' in Italian. But it's misspelled as 'vivere senza rimipianti'. Do you think she regrets not double-checking the correct spelling before getting inked?
http://www.dose.ca/photos/celeb/tattoo.html

I'm wondering if it was purposeful or not. :-/

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
TheStatutoryApe said:
http://www.dose.ca/photos/celeb/tattoo.html

I'm wondering if it was purposeful or not. :-/

What does it mean?

Shes a pretty girl with no brains. Why would you put something that stupid on the side of your body? She should put "I want attention" on her forehead.

Ivan Seeking said:
What does it mean?

It's a misspelled "regret" in Italian. Wonder if she regrets it now.

Yes, apparently it is supposed to be "live without regret" in Italian but is misspelled.

Ah, I thought maybe it meant something that she would really regret.

Cyrus said:
Shes a pretty girl with no brains. Why would you put something that stupid on the side of your body? She should put "I want attention" on her forehead.

I thought she was rather attractive when I first saw her in Heroes. Then I saw part of Remember the Titans and felt like a pedophile. I heard her in interview (talking about her line of handbags) and shook my head. Now this... She's almost as bad as Britney Spears.

Ivan said:
Ah, I thought maybe it meant something that she would really regret.
What's Italian for "tramp stamp"?

That's nothing. Now the night we had together in alley behind a 7-11 is something I bet she regrets!

Topher925 said:
That's nothing. Now the night we had together in alley behind a 7-11 is something I bet she regrets!

Wow, sorry bro. That was just lame. Epic fail.

I can usually put myself in other people's shoes and sympathize or at least understand where they are coming from... but people who get tattoos in languages they don't speak just boggles my mind. I really don't get it.

Topher925 said:

http://hellohex.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/phil-spector-frizz.jpg

he can't be sad with a hairdo like that he's game for a laugh!

John37 said:
he can't be sad with a hairdo like that he's game for a laugh!

He's a ghost. Its in the name.

1. What is Hayden Panettiere's tattoo?

Hayden Panettiere has the phrase "Live Without Regrets" tattooed on her left ribcage in Italian.

2. Why is there confusion about the meaning of her tattoo?

Many people believe that the phrase "Live Without Regrets" is ironic because Panettiere has made some controversial decisions in her personal life. Others argue that she genuinely believes in living without regrets and the tattoo is a reminder of that belief.

3. Is there any evidence to suggest that the tattoo is ironic?

There is no concrete evidence to suggest that the tattoo is meant to be ironic. While some may interpret it that way, Panettiere has not publicly stated that the tattoo is meant to be sarcastic or ironic.

4. Has Panettiere ever addressed the meaning of her tattoo?

In an interview with Glamour magazine, Panettiere explained that the phrase "Live Without Regrets" has been her mantra since she was a teenager. She also mentioned that the tattoo is a reminder to herself to not dwell on the past and to keep moving forward.

5. Does Panettiere regret getting the tattoo?

There is no evidence to suggest that Panettiere regrets getting the tattoo. In fact, she has been photographed proudly showing it off on multiple occasions. It is possible that her views on living without regrets may have evolved over time, but there is no indication that she regrets getting the tattoo.