Heavy Construction Equipment Tier List

In summary: There are also plenty of examples of military conflicts where neither side has access to serious air power.
ergospherical
7. Fruehauf Super Dump

The super dump has a load-bearing axle rated at as high as 13,000 pounds. The large distance between the first and last axles is in fact the maximum allowed under the federal bridge formula. Developed by Strong Industries, the super dump is renowned for its high payload rating and return on investment.

1624848645944.png

6. Liebherr A314 Litronic Excavator

The Liebherr A314 is a medium sized machine with a bucket capacity of 0.5 cubic metres. It's Deutz engine can provide up to 120 horse power, making it a formidable digging machine.

1624849306104.png

5. Barber-Greene Trencher

The Barber-Greene trencher is used to dig trenches, for laying pipes and electrical cables, installing drainage or preparing for trench warfare. This particular model is a wheel trencher, composed of a toothed metal wheel which can operate in hard or soft, heterogenous or homgenous, soils.

1624849527322.png

4. Komatsu Bulldozer

Ranging from 8 to 108 tonnes, Komatsu bulldozers employ the latest in bulldozer technology to give great performance over the entire working cycle. A commendable blade size of 3.2 x 0.84 square metres coupled with a blade capacity of 1.91 - 2.13 cubic metres enable the Komatsu to effortlessly shift material.

1624849658872.png

3. Fiskars Long-Handle Round-Point Steel Digging Shovel

1624850679288.png

The Fiskars digging shovel has a strong hardwood handle with a rubber cushion grip and a 16-gauge steel blade. This particular shovel was designed for digging holes, and its size #2 head and sturdy build makes it an optimal tool for moving bulk materials such as soil, coal, gravel, snow, sand or ore.

2. Bobcat S650 Skid Steer Loader

Unlike a conventional front loader, the pivot points in the Bobcat are behind the driver. Equipped with a standard turbocharged engine, this machine is capable of carrying out several digging and grading operations, as well as being highly efficient in pushing material from one location to another, carrying material in the bucket and loading material into a truck or trailer.

1624849852609.png

1. Unimog Backhoe Loader

The Unimog can be used for construction, demolitions, and digging holes. A tiltrotator can be fitted to the Unimog for enhanced articulation of attachments. The front loader is rated at .75 cubic yards, whilst the backhoe can dig up to 14' deep and has a break force of 10,000 lbs.

1624850245333.png

Physics news on Phys.org
ergospherical said:
3. Fiskars Long-Handle Round-Point Steel Digging Shovel
Also known as the portable leaning prop :wink: The finest in jobsite furniture

• Haha
Likes Klystron, ergospherical and BillTre
I think you should revise your perception of heavy.

liebherr-R9800.jpg

Likes Ivan Seeking
ergospherical said:
The Barber-Greene trencher is used to dig trenches, for laying pipes and electrical cables, installing drainage or preparing for trench warfare.
Was pleasantly perusing your equipment list until encountering this use. Did not aircraft and armored tanks negate the effectiveness of trench warfare?

I also own and use a Fiskar shovel, though a slightly different model. The shovel could also be used for fighting though probably not in narrow trenches. :smile:

Klystron said:
Was pleasantly perusing your equipment list until encountering this use. Did not aircraft and armored tanks negate the effectiveness of trench warfare?

I think in your model here one side has already won the war. If your opponent has air superiority then you're screwed, but that's not an indictment on the trench. I think digging a trench around your surface to air missile system is still a great way to stop enemy troops from attacking it.

There are also plenty of examples of military conflicts where neither side has access to serious air power.

Really not sure what the point of this thread is but I thought I'd throw out a pointless pic I took today changing oil on a IH TD-20 dozer. My view for just a bit.

KIMG1148.JPG
KIMG1147.JPG

Klystron said:
The shovel could also be used for fighting though probably not in narrow trenches.
Trench relevant shovels are a bit different, you know... Short handle, flat blade, sometimes with honed edges on the side...
Really nasty stuff 😨

Regarding the trenches: they are still there, just got negative size :wink:

Likes Klystron
Office_Shredder said:
I think in your model here one side has already won the war. If your opponent has air superiority then you're screwed, but that's not an indictment on the trench. I think digging a trench around your surface to air missile system is still a great way to stop enemy troops from attacking it.

There are also plenty of examples of military conflicts where neither side has access to serious air power.
Sorry, I was being facetious as indicated by the smile emoji, not modelling anything. I am sure digging equipment remains an important component of combat engineering; just surprised by the old term "trench warfare".

What is a "Heavy Construction Equipment Tier List"?

A Heavy Construction Equipment Tier List is a ranking system that categorizes heavy construction equipment based on their performance, features, and capabilities. It is used by professionals in the construction industry to determine the best equipment for their specific project needs.

How are the equipment ranked in a Heavy Construction Equipment Tier List?

The equipment is typically ranked based on criteria such as power, versatility, durability, efficiency, and safety features. The higher the tier, the better the equipment performs in these areas.

Why is a Heavy Construction Equipment Tier List important?

Having a tier list helps construction professionals make informed decisions when purchasing or renting equipment for their projects. It allows them to compare different equipment and choose the best one for their specific needs, saving time and money in the long run.

Who creates Heavy Construction Equipment Tier Lists?

Tier lists are usually created by industry experts, manufacturers, and equipment rental companies. They use their knowledge and experience to evaluate and rank the equipment based on their performance and features.

Is a Heavy Construction Equipment Tier List updated regularly?

Yes, tier lists are updated regularly to reflect changes in the industry and advancements in technology. This ensures that the rankings are accurate and relevant to current market conditions.

Back