Heim Theory - Mass formula etc.

In summary: Your Name]In summary, Hugh shared a website and Wikipedia pages on Burkhard Heim and his theory, which involves extra dimensions and quantization of General Relativity. He notes that while the theory is complex, it is more manageable than String Theory and makes testable predictions. Hugh also mentions that the "Elementarteilchen" volumes confirm the consistency and rigor of Heim's theory.
Hdeasy
Good website on this is http://heim-theory.com/ - alternatively check out the Wikipedia pages I started: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burkhard_Heim and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heim_Theory .

Not only the mass formula is fascinating, but also the nature of the extra dimensions and the way he quantises General Ralativity. It may be complex, but certainly no way near as complex as String Theory. And it makes many testable predicitions. I'm leafing through volumes 1 and 2 of "Elementarteilchen", just conifrming that it all looks consistent and rigorous - and I haven't been disappointed yet. So yes, this seems to be the biggie.

Have fun,
Hugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Dear Hugh,

Thank you for sharing this website and Wikipedia pages on Burkhard Heim and his theory. I have been intrigued by the concept of extra dimensions and the quantization of General Relativity for some time now, and I am excited to delve into Heim's work and explore its potential implications.

I agree with you that while Heim's theory may be complex, it appears to be more manageable compared to other theories such as String Theory. Additionally, the fact that it makes testable predictions is promising and could potentially lead to new discoveries and advancements in our understanding of the universe.

I will definitely take a look at the "Elementarteilchen" volumes and see for myself the consistency and rigor of Heim's theory. Thank you again for sharing this valuable resource and I look forward to learning more about Heim's work.

Thank you for sharing this information and providing the links to further explore Heim Theory. I agree that the mass formula and the concept of extra dimensions are incredibly intriguing. It's also interesting to note that Heim Theory offers testable predictions, which is always important in scientific theories. I will definitely check out the website and Wikipedia pages to learn more about this theory. It's exciting to see advancements and potential breakthroughs in our understanding of the universe. Thank you again for bringing attention to this theory.

1. What is Heim Theory and how does it relate to the mass formula?

Heim Theory is a unified field theory proposed by German physicist Burkhard Heim in the 1950s. It attempts to explain the fundamental forces of nature and the structure of the universe using a set of mathematical equations. The mass formula is a key component of Heim Theory, which calculates the masses of elementary particles based on their quantum numbers.

2. How does Heim Theory differ from other theories, such as General Relativity or Quantum Mechanics?

Heim Theory differs from other theories in that it attempts to unify all fundamental forces into one single equation, rather than treating gravity and the other forces separately. It also incorporates the concept of higher dimensions, which is not present in other theories.

3. What evidence supports Heim Theory and the mass formula?

Currently, there is no empirical evidence that directly supports Heim Theory and the mass formula. However, some scientists have noted that the equations of Heim Theory have the potential to explain certain phenomena that are not fully understood by other theories, such as the nature of dark matter and the value of the cosmological constant.

4. What are the criticisms of Heim Theory and the mass formula?

One major criticism of Heim Theory is that it is highly complex and difficult to understand, making it hard to test or verify. Additionally, the lack of empirical evidence and experiments to support the theory is a significant drawback. Some also argue that the mass formula has not been able to accurately predict the masses of known particles.

5. Are there any ongoing research or experiments related to Heim Theory and the mass formula?

While there is no active research or experiments specifically focused on Heim Theory and the mass formula, some scientists continue to study and explore the concepts and equations proposed by Heim. However, the lack of empirical evidence and the complexity of the theory have hindered further research and experimentation.