What are the current theories in physics?

• Thread starter HMR
  • Start date
In summary, there are currently three main theories in physics: classical mechanics, which explains the motion of macroscopic objects; electromagnetism, which describes the interaction between charged particles; and quantum mechanics, which deals with the behavior of particles on a subatomic level. These theories have been extensively tested and refined over the years, but there are still many unanswered questions and ongoing research in the field of physics. Some of the current areas of focus include theories of gravity and the search for a unifying theory that can explain all the fundamental forces of nature. Overall, the study of physics continues to be a fascinating and ever-evolving field with many exciting discoveries yet to be made.
HMR
I am a second year undergraduate student and a physics enthusiast. Hopefully will exchange views on different theories of physics with everyone.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

Our mission here is to discuss mainstream science, not our own theories. Mainstream is defined by peer reviewed papers and textbooks.

I am sorry for the misunderstanding, I believe I phrased it wrong I meant the theories already in textbooks.

Likes berkeman