Should I Teach Myself Physics and Advanced Calculus in High School?

• Thread starter The Trevor
  • Start date
The Trevor
Greetings everyone. I have had a growing interest in the area of chemistry and physics, more in physics perhaps. Currently I am a sophomore in high school and taking honors chemistry. Next year I will take AP Chemistry and the following year AP Physics. Most unfortunately, I am not able to take physics this year, although, I have begun to acquire a vast quantity of literature regarding physics; I have used these resources for around three months now in order to teach myself. It was serendipitous that I found this site and I fully hope that I am able to learn about physics within this community.
Thank you, have a nice day.
Trevor

Question: Are there any online resources that provide a compendium of knowledge regarding physics that I can study from. Also, do you, as a community of individuals, have any recommendations regarding my situation, even though I portrayed it to have a benevolent connotation?

Physics news on Phys.org
I feel quite foolish; directly after I had posted this thread I came upon the plethora of resources for studying. I apologize for the confusion. The second part of my question still applies though.

Hi Trevor,

for your second question, do you mean advice on self-teaching? Try looking through the threads in the Academic Guidance section of the forum. There's been quite a few people asking similar questions, if memory serves.

Thanks, my question was regarding my current situation. I am in pre-calculus honors, and, as I previously stated honors chemistry. Should I teach myself physics and more advanced calculus or simply wait for later in high school? I shall definitely take a look a the Academic Guidance section.