1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hello intelligent peopleI need a little help8 liter of air

1. Jun 24, 2011 #1
    hello intelligent people

I need a little help
    8 liter of air volume, ambient temp, then compressed at 8.2 bar = volume in cu cm?

thank you for your help...metric or US... volume would be 2.11 gl @ 120 psi keep it simple please
    stef

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 25, 2011 #2
    Re: volume

PV=nRT approximately. I suppose T remains constant, n and R are constants. Thus if you go from 1 bar to 8.2 bar, then volume goes from 8 liters to 8/8.2 liters... Multiply by 1000 to get it in cm cubes.

4. Jun 26, 2011 #3

petr
    thank you for your kind reply
    maybe I was not clear I want to compress the 8 L(@ 1 psi) volume with 8.2 bar and want to know how much that volume will shrink to in cu cm

5. Jun 26, 2011 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Didn't Petr Mugver practically gave you the answer already? Or did you not understand what you were given?

Zz.

6. Jun 26, 2011 #5

propably did not understand it :(
    I read as if he increased the volume...I want to decrease the volume by pressurizing it
    sorry
    s

7. Jun 26, 2011 #6

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Read it one more time.

8. Jun 26, 2011 #7

I got it now thank you all!
    S

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook