Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hello, (more than one word),

1. Mar 16, 2016 #1
    I'm here because of this comment from haael in a thread on spin-2 graviton: "Physicists will rot in hell for making simple things sound hard." Although making dubious assumptions about "hell" (regarding existence thereof, admission prerequisites, and resident's biological degeneration) haael understands the problem laypersons have with many physicists' answers. He goes on to give the kind of correct-yet-understandable explanation we want to see.

I'm a mathematician who (long ago) wrote thesis in Functional Analysis, so QM has always been my primary interest, but I read widely in Science. My questions will often be of the form "So-and-so says [this] in his book, but I don't get it, doesn't [this] violate [that] ?

Anyway, thanks for this forum and I look forward to useful conversations.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 16, 2016 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF. :smile:

4. Mar 17, 2016 #3
    Don't know if it's kosher to make a comment here, but thought this would be germane.

I've started to ask three different questions. In every case a list of similar questions popped up, which provided the answer I wanted. At this rate I'll never ask a question. Very informative site!

5. Mar 18, 2016 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Yes, that is a nice feature. But you're right, that kind of comment would normally go in the Feedback forum. Enjoy the PF! :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook