Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help in working of capacitor & inductor

1. Oct 26, 2007 #1
    plz help me in working of capacitor wen we apply sin wave to capacitor in closed circuit&
    and also resonance physically not mathematically all the above

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 26, 2007 #2
    Umm, no offense, but have you ever tried to read your own post?

4. Oct 26, 2007 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I'm guessing that English is not the language that they usually use. We need to be accommodating of everybody, regardless of how good their English is. As long as they are making an effort to communicate the best that they can, we should do what we can to help them.

5. Oct 26, 2007 #4

berkeman

I'm guessing that English is not the language that they usually use. We need to be accommodating of everybody, regardless of how good their English is. As long as they are making an effort to communicate the best that they can, we should do what we can to help them.

6. Oct 26, 2007 #5

berkeman

Welcome to the PF. Have you read through the explanations of capacitors in this nearby thread here in the EE forum?

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=122716

You can also do more reading about inductors and capacitors and resonance at wikipedia.org

After you have done that background reading (and perhaps more reading in your textbook), please feel free to ask specific questions if you still have some confusion.

7. Oct 26, 2007 #6
    i think he wants to know/explanation what happens to a capacitor when a sinusoidal input is applied in closed circuit as well as its relationship to resonance? More of an understanding explanation rather than mathematical proof.
    ???

8. Oct 26, 2007 #7
    Neither mine (that's obvious I believe :) ). I'm not criticising his level of English as typing "please" instead of "plz" wouldn't require any particular skill.

9. Oct 26, 2007 #8

berkeman

Ah, I understand. I was having enough trouble decoding the OP's question that I didn't notice the "texting" shorthands. In general we discourage texting shorthand notation, since posts here on the PF are generally made with a computer with a full keyboard.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?