Help me in understanding and solving

• Thread starter naada
  • Start date
In summary, a child is exerting a horizontal force of 10N to pull a train of 2 cars, with car 1 having a mass of 3kg and car 2 having a mass of 1kg. The mass of the string connecting the cars is negligible and friction can be ignored. The normal force exerted on each car by the floor is equal to its weight, and can be found using the equation N = mg + ma. The tension force in the string can be found using the equation F = mg, and the acceleration of the train can be found by solving for a in the equation -T = -mg + ma.
naada

A child pulls a train of 2 cars with a horizontal force F of 10N .
Car1 has a mass of m1=3kg, and car2 has a mass of 1kg
The mass of the string connecting the the cars is small enough to be set equal to zero, and the friction can be neglected .

a- Find the normal force exerted on each car by the floor.
b- What is the tension force in the string
c- Find the acceleration of the train

thanx

well please help me to solve and understand this problem
I can't figure out why the normal force in this problem is equal to the weight or how to find the acceleration.! b]

Physics news on Phys.org
This is the way i did it

a- Car 1
N-F= ma
N - mg = ma
N= mg+ma
N= 3*9.8 + 3*9.8 = 29.4 + 29.4 =58.8

Car 2
The same way so its N =19.6

b- F-T = m a
F= mg= 3+1 * 9.8 = 39.2
so
39.2 - T = 1+3 * a
-T = -39.2 +4*a
a=?
I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO FIND THE ACCELERATION.!

PLZ PLZ PLZ HELP ME UNDERSTANT THIS PROBLEM
I'VE AN EXAM IN 2 DAYS ANT I CAN'T UNDERSTAND A WORD OF THIS SUBJECT

goto this page
100% correct
http://knowhowstuff.blogspot.com/2009/05/physics-forum-answers.html"

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How can I better understand a complex problem?

To better understand a complex problem, it is important to break it down into smaller, more manageable parts. Start by identifying the key components of the problem and then research and analyze each component individually. This will help you gain a deeper understanding of the problem as a whole.

2. What steps can I take to solve a problem effectively?

To solve a problem effectively, it is important to follow a structured approach. First, clearly define the problem and gather all relevant information. Then, brainstorm potential solutions and evaluate them based on their feasibility and potential effectiveness. Finally, implement the chosen solution and monitor its success.

3. How can I ensure that my solution is accurate?

To ensure the accuracy of your solution, it is important to validate it through testing and experimentation. This will help you identify any potential flaws or errors in your solution and make necessary adjustments. Additionally, seeking feedback from colleagues or experts in the field can also help ensure the accuracy of your solution.

4. How do I know when to seek help with a problem?

Knowing when to seek help with a problem can be difficult, but it is important to recognize when you have reached your limit or when your current approach is not working. If you are feeling overwhelmed or stuck, it may be helpful to consult with a colleague, mentor, or expert in the field for guidance and support.

5. How can I effectively communicate my understanding and solution to others?

To effectively communicate your understanding and solution to others, it is important to use clear and concise language. Avoid technical jargon and provide visual aids, such as diagrams or charts, to help explain complex concepts. Additionally, be open to feedback and be prepared to explain your thought process and rationale behind your solution.