Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help me - What is this?

  1. Dec 12, 2011 #1
    Hi all
    I'm a second year mechatronics student in South Africa.
    I'm currently doing vacation training and need a little help identifying a device.

    Attached is a picture, rough dimensions:
    Height: 30 - 50mm (adjustable)
    Width: 120mm
    Length: 170mm (fully extended vertically)

    It uses a bolt (approx M10) which is tightened to pull the middle wedge between the two outer wedge, hence increasing it's thickness.
    4 are used, one at each corner of a piece of machinery. They allow for accurate leveling of the equipment and are extremely sturdy.

    Does anyone have an idea of the device's real name??

    Thank you

    Attached Files:

    • hi.jpg
      File size:
      17.7 KB
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 12, 2011 #2
    Precision leveling wedge

    http://www.farrat.com/products/wedge_levelling_elements.html [Broken]

    I believe that is the manufacturer of the unit in the picture.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  4. Dec 12, 2011 #3
    Thank you so much~!
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook