Mechatronics Student Seeking Help Identifying Device - South Africa

• Thread starter scoe
  • Start date
In summary, a mechatronics student from South Africa is seeking help identifying a device used for leveling equipment. The device is adjustable and uses a bolt to increase its thickness. It is called a precision leveling wedge and is manufactured by Farrat. Four of these devices are used at each corner of a piece of machinery for accurate leveling and stability.
scoe
Hi all
I'm a second year mechatronics student in South Africa.
I'm currently doing vacation training and need a little help identifying a device.

Attached is a picture, rough dimensions:
Height: 30 - 50mm (adjustable)
Width: 120mm
Length: 170mm (fully extended vertically)

It uses a bolt (approx M10) which is tightened to pull the middle wedge between the two outer wedge, hence increasing it's thickness.
4 are used, one at each corner of a piece of machinery. They allow for accurate leveling of the equipment and are extremely sturdy.

Does anyone have an idea of the device's real name??

Thank you
Roscoe

Attachments

• hi.jpg
    hi.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 473
Engineering news on Phys.org
Precision leveling wedge

http://www.farrat.com/products/wedge_levelling_elements.html

I believe that is the manufacturer of the unit in the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much~!

1. What is the purpose of this "Help me - What is this?" question?

The purpose of this question is to seek assistance or clarification on something that is unclear or unknown.

2. Why is it important to ask for help in understanding something?

Asking for help can provide valuable insights and understanding that may not have been possible to achieve on your own. It also helps to avoid making mistakes or assumptions based on incomplete information.

3. How can I effectively communicate my confusion or lack of understanding?

Be specific and clear about what you are confused about or what you do not understand. Provide context and examples to help the person assisting you better understand the issue.

4. What should I do if I do not receive a satisfactory answer to my question?

If you do not receive a satisfactory answer, you can try rephrasing your question or providing more information. You can also ask for further clarification or ask for additional resources for further research.

5. Is it okay to ask for help multiple times on the same issue?

Yes, it is okay to ask for help multiple times on the same issue if you are still struggling to understand it. Sometimes, it may take multiple attempts or different explanations to fully grasp a concept or problem.

Back