What type of handle is this and where can I find a replacement?

• Thread starter JohnSmith0909
  • Start date
In summary, the person accidentally broke one of their cabinet handles and is looking for a replacement. They provided a picture of a non-broken handle and are having trouble finding an exact match, but have found two similar options: a Chippendale style drawer pull from House of Antique Hardware and a solid brass Chippendale drawer handle from Etsy. They suggest using the provided images to do an image search for a better match.
JohnSmith0909
I accidentally broke one of these handles. Here's a picture of a non-broken one. I'm looking to replace the broken one. Can anyone help me identify the handle or point me towards one that looks like it? It appears to be a bat wing style, I'm having difficulty finding the exact handle.
IMG_20210718_202114326.jpg
IMG_20210718_202626778.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
You could use your images to do an image search.

1. How do I remove the old drawer handle?

To remove the old drawer handle, you will need to locate the screws or bolts that are holding it in place. Use a screwdriver or wrench to loosen and remove the screws or bolts. Once they are removed, the handle should easily come off.

2. What tools do I need to replace a drawer handle?

The tools you will need will depend on the type of handle you are replacing. Generally, you will need a screwdriver, drill, and possibly a wrench. If the handle requires additional hardware, such as screws or bolts, you may need additional tools.

3. Can I replace a drawer handle without damaging the drawer?

Yes, you can replace a drawer handle without damaging the drawer. As long as you carefully remove the old handle and install the new one in the same location, there should be no damage to the drawer.

4. How do I know what size drawer handle to buy?

To determine the size of drawer handle you need, measure the distance between the screw holes on the old handle. This will give you the center-to-center measurement, which is the standard measurement used for drawer handles. You can then purchase a new handle with the same center-to-center measurement.

5. Can I replace a drawer handle if it has a unique design or shape?

Yes, you can still replace a drawer handle even if it has a unique design or shape. You may need to search for a handle that is similar in size and shape to ensure it will fit properly. Alternatively, you can also choose to replace all the handles on the drawers to create a uniform look.