1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: HELP! Specific Homework Problem, Particles and Waves

1. Jul 28, 2010 #1
    I have read the entire chapter in my book and have searched the internet and I still have no idea where to even begin. HELP!

4. a.) Explain the significance of a probability of 1.0 and of a probability of 0.0.

b.) Calculate the probability for an event to occur if 420 events have been recorded as successful for 1200 attempts.

c.) Find the probability of throwing a "tail" if your tossing a balanced coin.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 28, 2010 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What can you say about 4a) ? If the probability is 1, what % of the time will something happen? If it's 0, what % of the time will something happen?

On c), what is the probability of heads or tails when you toss a coin? If you're not sure, try it. Toss the coin 100 times -- what percentage of the time is it tails?

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook