Help with Acceleration due to gravity

In summary, the conversation was about a person needing help with understanding acceleration due to gravity and using word problems to define the answer. The person was advised to fix their questions so that others can provide assistance. The standard value for acceleration due to gravity was mentioned, but it was noted that this information can be found in any CM book.
yashin25
Hey guys i really need help with Acceleration due to gravity (use word problems to define ur answer)

Physics news on Phys.org
If you ask a question, we can help you.

g=9.8m/s^2

yashin25 said:
Hey guys i really need help with Acceleration due to gravity (use word problems to define ur answer)

Try to fix your questions so i can answer it. I assume that you are looking for 9.8 m/s^2, but i don't see how to define an answer using a question?

The standard value is 9.80665 m/s^2.But this is found in any CM book.It has to be something else...

Daniel.

What is acceleration due to gravity?

Acceleration due to gravity is the rate at which an object falls towards the Earth due to the force of gravity. It is denoted by the symbol "g" and has a constant value of approximately 9.8 meters per second squared (m/s^2).

What factors affect acceleration due to gravity?

The factors that affect acceleration due to gravity are the mass of the object and the distance between the object and the center of the Earth. The greater the mass, the greater the force of gravity and therefore, the greater the acceleration. The closer an object is to the center of the Earth, the stronger the force of gravity and the greater the acceleration.

How is acceleration due to gravity measured?

Acceleration due to gravity can be measured using a variety of methods, such as dropping a ball from a certain height and measuring the time it takes to hit the ground, or using a device called an accelerometer which measures the acceleration of an object.

What is the difference between acceleration due to gravity and gravitational force?

Acceleration due to gravity is the rate at which an object falls towards the Earth, while gravitational force is the force of attraction between two objects due to their masses. Acceleration due to gravity is a result of gravitational force acting upon an object.

Does acceleration due to gravity vary on different planets?

Yes, acceleration due to gravity varies on different planets depending on their mass and radius. For example, the acceleration due to gravity on Mars is approximately 3.71 m/s^2, while on Jupiter it is approximately 24.79 m/s^2. This is because these planets have different masses and radii compared to Earth.