Help with calculation for dynamometer build?

In summary: There are a few other calculators that you might find useful as well:-The Bearing Boys Pulley Calculator-Inventor Professional 2011 Pulley and Belt Simulation-Belt Calculator by ThomasNetThere are also a few online calculators that you can try:-Belt and Pulley Calculator by Bearing Boys-Pulley Calculator by ThomasNet-Belt and Pulley Calculator by Briggs & StrattonThe Bearing Boys Pulley Calculator is probably the most relevant one for your case because it covers the types of pulleys and the maximum torque and speed that the system can handle. The distance from center to center is 450 mm so the Bearing Boys Pulley Calculator suggests
BJ3882
I'm looking for someone who can help me calculate the torque there will be transferred to my couplings between the rollers and to my belt connecting the 2 set of rollers.
I have drawings of it all including inventor pro 2011 drawings/file of it all putted together without the belt and couplings.
The size of my rollers are 315 mm in diameter and the max torque the car will have is 1000 NM, so how much is my couplings and belt supposed to manage ?

Hope someone can help me, i have a few more questions that i will post afterwards :)

Thanks alot.

Regards Martin B. Jensen / Denmark

Engineering news on Phys.org
Lots of online calculators for belts & pulleys; This one seems relevant to your case given the little information you gave.

Just can't find anyone that helps me out. Just let me know what info you will need.
http://www.bearingboys.co.uk/product.cgi?action=view&id=21381 This is the type of pulley.
Distance from center to center is 450 mm.
The max speed is 5000 rpm.
max about 1000 HP and 1000 NM.

BJ3882 said:
Just let me know what info you will need.

The first thing will be to know what you are actually looking for. The best that someone can tell you based on you original question, i.e.:

BJ3882 said:
so how much is my couplings and belt supposed to manage ?

is to tell you that what will be transferred through your belt is power. So your couplings and belt must be able to handle 1000 hp. They usually also have some upper limits for rpm and torque. But those limits differ from pulley & belt types and from one manufacturers to another.

I'm looking to find the torque numbers my belt and couplings are supposed to manage.
The hp doesn't matter and the rpms are covered only the torque i need to know if possible?

1. What is a dynamometer and how does it work?

A dynamometer is a device used to measure the force, torque, or power of an engine, motor, or other machine. It works by applying a load to the machine being tested and measuring the resulting output.

2. How do I calculate the load for a dynamometer build?

The load for a dynamometer build can be calculated by multiplying the force or torque needed to test the machine by the distance it needs to be applied over. For example, if a machine needs to be tested with a force of 1000 N at a distance of 0.5 meters, the load would be 500 Nm.

3. What materials are needed for a dynamometer build?

The materials needed for a dynamometer build may vary depending on the specific design, but typically include a load cell or torque sensor, a motor or brake, a controller, and various mechanical components such as gears, pulleys, and bearings.

4. What factors should be considered when designing a dynamometer?

Some important factors to consider when designing a dynamometer include the type and range of loads it will be measuring, the accuracy and precision needed, the speed and power of the machine being tested, and the overall size and cost of the dynamometer.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when using a dynamometer?

Yes, there are several safety precautions to keep in mind when using a dynamometer. These include wearing appropriate personal protective equipment, following proper operating procedures, and regularly inspecting and maintaining the equipment to ensure it is in good working condition.