What is Plasma Electrolysis and How Can It Produce Cold Fusion?

In summary, the conversation is about a person looking for information on plasma electrolysis and asking if anyone knows about it or where to find information. The conversation also mentions a potential connection to cold fusion and a link to an article on plasma-electrolysis synthesis of TiO2 nano/microspheres.
Runei
I don't know if this is the right topic to put it under.

But I am looking for some information about plasma electrolysis. Does anybody know anything about this - or perhaps know where I can read about it?

Google doesn't give the best links.

Physics news on Phys.org
It LOOKS like it is another name for the proposed effect that produces cold fusion...everything I have looked at is related to it in some way.

Edit: Well, I did find this: http://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2011/CC/C1CC12669E
Plasma-electrolysis synthesis of TiO2 nano/microspheres with optical absorption extended into the infrared region

1. What is plasma electrolysis?

Plasma electrolysis is a process that uses an electric current to break down a liquid electrolyte solution into its component elements. This results in the formation of plasma, which is a state of matter that contains charged particles.

2. What is the purpose of plasma electrolysis?

The purpose of plasma electrolysis is to produce high-energy, reactive species that can be used for various applications such as surface modification, material synthesis, and waste treatment.

3. How does plasma electrolysis work?

In plasma electrolysis, an electric current is passed through an electrolyte solution, causing the formation of gas bubbles at the electrodes. These bubbles eventually collapse, generating high temperatures and pressures that result in the formation of plasma.

4. What are the advantages of using plasma electrolysis?

Some of the advantages of plasma electrolysis include the ability to produce a wide range of reactive species, high processing speeds, and the ability to operate at low temperatures and pressures. It also has low energy consumption and can be used for the treatment of various types of waste.

5. What are the potential applications of plasma electrolysis?

Plasma electrolysis has a wide range of potential applications, including surface modification of materials, production of nanoparticles, synthesis of new materials, and waste treatment. It is also being studied for use in the production of hydrogen fuel and in environmental remediation processes.