Get Help with a Reducible DFQ | Beginner's Guide | Online Support

• Thread starter lat77
  • Start date
In summary, a reducible differential equation is a type of equation that can be simplified through methods such as substitution or integration. It can be identified by its form of dy/dx = f(x)g(y), where f(x) and g(y) are functions of x and y respectively. Common methods for solving these equations include separation of variables, substitution, and integration. While they can be solved analytically using integration techniques, some may require numerical methods. Reducible differential equations have many real-world applications in fields such as physics, engineering, and economics.
lat77
Wrong section, sorry! First time user.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
[itex]ydx = - (1 + e^x)dy[/itex] then [itex]\frac{dx}{-(1 + e^x)} = \frac{dy}{y}[/itex]

This is separable, right? Or you are required to use a substitution?

Sorry, I left out a y in the parenthesis. Reread the problem now... that's why substitution was required.

Last edited:

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance with a reducible DFQ. I'm sorry to hear that you have posted in the wrong section. I would suggest that you try re-posting your question in a more appropriate section or reach out to the online support team for assistance.

In order to receive the best help, it's important to provide as much information as possible about your DFQ and any specific issues you may be having. This will help the experts in the community provide you with the most accurate and helpful responses.

Also, since you are a first time user, I would recommend checking out the beginner's guide or reaching out to the online support team for further guidance on how to navigate and use this platform effectively.

I hope you are able to find the help you need. Best of luck with your DFQ!

FAQ: Get Help with a Reducible DFQ | Beginner's Guide | Online Support

1. What is a reducible differential equation?

A reducible differential equation is a type of differential equation that can be simplified or reduced to a simpler form. This is usually done by manipulating the equation through methods such as substitution or integration.

2. How do I know if a differential equation is reducible?

A differential equation is reducible if it can be written in the form dy/dx = f(x)g(y), where both f(x) and g(y) are functions of x and y respectively. In other words, the equation can be separated into two functions of x and y.

3. What are some common methods for solving reducible differential equations?

Some common methods for solving reducible differential equations include separation of variables, substitution, and integration. These methods allow you to manipulate the equation and reduce it to a simpler form that can be solved using basic integration techniques.

4. Can reducible differential equations be solved analytically?

Yes, reducible differential equations can be solved analytically using integration techniques. However, some equations may not have an analytic solution and may require numerical methods to solve.

5. What are some real-world applications of reducible differential equations?

Reducible differential equations have many real-world applications in fields such as physics, engineering, and economics. Some examples include modeling population growth, predicting the spread of diseases, and analyzing the behavior of electrical circuits.

Back