Realistic Physics in Sci-Fi Writing: Exploring the Possibilities

• Thread starter Gardenman
  • Start date
In summary, realistic physics in sci-fi writing involves exploring the possibilities of incorporating scientific principles and theories into fictional narratives. This can include creating believable technologies, futuristic worlds, and realistic space travel. By grounding their stories in real physics, sci-fi writers can add depth and credibility to their work, while also sparking the imagination of readers. However, incorporating realistic physics into sci-fi writing can also present challenges, as writers must balance scientific accuracy with creative storytelling. Nevertheless, by pushing the boundaries of what is possible, sci-fi writers can create immersive and thought-provoking stories that captivate audiences and inspire them to think about the possibilities of the future.
Gardenman
I'm a writer and I'm writing a new sci-fi novel that has a few physics related issues that I want clarification on and I found this forum, so I'm joining to see if you guys/gals can help me out. I try not to get anything wrong in my writing and I like to be factual even in fiction. I get annoyed when I see sci-fi shows/books that have spaceships accelerating from zero to light speed in a blink without the ship disintegrating or the crew being nothing but bloody smears along the back wall. I tend to think more realism is good.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!