Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hot, Sexy Physicists

1. May 28, 2009 #1
    Hot, Sexy Physicists....

I don't know why but I think that John Hagelin (prepped at Choate Rosemary Hall, Dartmouth undergrad, Harvard PHD, post grad work at CERN) is all that and a bag of chips! And he looks so different than shall we say a "random sample" of the writer's previous gentleman friends.....

Do you think somehow one's attraction to another's intellect could cross wire the senses and make one have a physical reaction generated from an originally intellectual "stimulation"?

I don't know. At any rate, I know this is terribly childish but I'd curious to see some pics, lol....

[​IMG]

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2009 #2
    Re: Hot, Sexy Physicists....

.............?

4. May 28, 2009 #3

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmmm...that's how it's always been for me. Charm, smarts, honesty, humor...that's the good stuff, where attraction starts. I'd hate to be wired like a male, who tend to put the physical first...they must go through an awful lot of false positives.

5. May 28, 2009 #4

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Maybe it's just this pic, but he looks like he's about to give us "This Week In Sports Around The Globe".

6. May 28, 2009 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

7. May 28, 2009 #6

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I think I should change the title of this thread to "Hot, Sexy Male Physicists.... "

Cyrus and I apparently clicked in and went EEEEeeeewwwwww! :yuck: Yuck!

Kind of like that old "Cheers" episode on TV, where Rebecca tricked Sam and Woodie into thinking that they were each kissing her in the dark...

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  8. May 28, 2009 #7

turbo

Gold Member

It's not always the males that are wired wrong - there are females that are wired for predation and have some other attributes they can they can break though your defenses with. A former roommate in college had a girlfriend that wanted to visit, and she dragged over a very pretty and barely legal girl who glommed onto me. My (all-male) house-mates had all seen her and thought that she was pretty hot. I had been getting familiar with a nice lady that shared my love for blues/rock music and art, and she and I were heading back to my place to share some wine, snacks, and music and when we got to my bedroom/living space, there was a naked teen-aged girl in my bed waiting for me. Neither of them were happy campers. Apparently, the friend of my friend's girlfriend thought that she was going to "surprise" me. I was surprised, but not pleasantly.

EDIT: I guess this could have gone into the worst first date thread. It certainly was a really bad first date, and I had a particular interest in the lady, and it ticked me off to have the situation destroy our growing connections in jazz, blues, etc.

9. May 28, 2009 #8

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

10. May 28, 2009 #9

[​IMG]

11. May 28, 2009 #10

The girl physicist in Angels and Demons was quite attractive.

We can ignore the fact that she's not actually a physicist.

12. May 28, 2009 #11

LOL. Sorry but that's not quite my class of wine if you know what I mean, lol. However, in all fairness she does look attractive.....
    Out of sheer boredom I googled for some pics.....wonder what these "CERN Hotties" are up to, LOL!!

[​IMG]

13. May 28, 2009 #12

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Let's not forget Dr. Christmas Jones.
    ... an expert in nuclear weapons.

[​IMG]

14. May 28, 2009 #13

Where are all the hott nerdy guys?

15. May 28, 2009 #14

haha, interesting query.

H.N.Gs FTW!

lol....

ps
    I think they are "in the closet". Meaning they don't want their "cool" friends to know how much of a nerd/geek they are. I personally am totally in the closet on this forum - it is quite cathartic and refreshing. I doubt the chicks at the Purse Blog Forum would have any idea of my alter ego :D

16. May 28, 2009 #15

sylas

Science Advisor

Here you go:
    [​IMG]
    From the 2007 "skepdude" calendar; the bad astronomer "Phil Plait". Source.

17. May 28, 2009 #16

HAHA!
    Not bad....Looks like he's either a)embarking on a new exploration of empirical archaeoastronomy or b) REALLY happy to see someone, lol!

18. May 28, 2009 #17

Oh, I forgot to add, YOUNG, to the requirements, lol

19. May 28, 2009 #18

here ..

[​IMG]

Is this the guy you were looking for? :)

20. May 28, 2009 #19

he is calling rule #34 on John Hagelin I think.

21. May 28, 2009 #20

Might I say...UGH... Oh my bad, is that you?? lol

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?