How Can an Engineer Pursue Their Dream of Studying Physics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Ahmad Kishki
Messages
158
Reaction score
13
i was pressured into engineering, and not allowed to pursue physics. I see that every year (or even semester) that passes by, i am missing out on my dream. I wish to be a physicist, and even if it will mean that i will have to study it all myself. I just want you to recommend some self study books to get me started with physics and the necessary mathematics.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Ahmad Kishki said:
i was pressured into engineering, and not allowed to pursue physics. I see that every year (or even semester) that passes by, i am missing out on my dream. I wish to be a physicist, and even if it will mean that i will have to study it all myself. I just want you to recommend some self study books to get me started with physics and the necessary mathematics.
Why not visit the Physics department and ask the staff or faculty about the Physics program. Much of the mathematics in engineering should be the same as physics - at least, that was my experience. Many engineering students take the same introductory mathematics and physics courses as physics majors. One should be able to look at the Physics curriculum and find syllabi for the courses, or the syllabi should be online.