How can I convert R to units of ft•lbf/lbmol•°R?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rootX
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Convert
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 7K views
rootX
Messages
481
Reaction score
4

Homework Statement



"convert the gas constant, R, into units of ft•lbf/lbmol•°R.
Data: R = 8.31451 J/mol•°C.
"

Homework Equations



I know 1 J = 0.22481 lbf

but what's R, and how they can get ft and lb in there?

The Attempt at a Solution

 
Physics news on Phys.org
Is that exactly how the question is given? I'm confused by lbmol... shouldn't it just be mol ?

Also,

1 N = 0.22481 lbf, not 1 J.
 
yes, I just copy pasted from that assignment(given to us in a word document)
I think it is then lb mol
 
These are some tricky units. A regular mole in SI units = 1 gram mole. 1 K = 1.8 R. R is rankine a scale of temperature.
 
Thanks a lot!

yesterday, I forgot to see the unit conversion handouts provided, and these were in there.