How can I correlate the light intensity and energy?

In summary: Can you give more information about what you are trying to do and what you have done so far?In summary, I need to know how much energy will I have for a certain intensity of light, I need this because I want to predict how much water will my solar oven evaporate for this light intensity. I've searched a lot, but I have made no progress.
_Gandalf_
I need to know how much energy will I have for a certain intensity of ligh, I need this because I want to predict how much water will my solar oven evaporate for this light intesity (I can mesure the light intensity). I'd be very thankful if anyone helped me on this because I've searched a lot I have made no progress

Science news on Phys.org
In waht unit are you going to measure the light intensity?

In candles

Then you will have a hard time to find the energy. The luminous intensity measured din candela depends on the wavelength of the light.
If you have a continuous spectral distribution, the intensity in candela will be given by a integral over all the wavelengths.
How are you actually measuring it? You have an instrument that gives you intensity in candela?

Yes, I'm using and Arduin system that mesures the eletric current that the sun produces, then I use a table to convert it (actually I'm trying to make it give automatically the result in candela, buut I'm not very good at programming)

How does the sun produce that electric current? You are using some sensor, aren't you?
Anyway, if you want to know the energy, why bother to convert to luminous intensity in candela?
I thought you already have an instrument that gives readings in candela and you want to find the energy. But your last post does not fit this scenario.

You may get better answers if you say from the beginning the complete story rather than leaving out pieces that may be essential (even if you thin they aren't).

Likes russ_watters
Ok I'll try. I can mesure the iluminance of the light, in lux, (yes, I changed the way I mesure), so I use a resistor that gives a value that I useto get value of the iluminance. Now I have the luminance and I want to convert it into energy, or something that gives me the result in W/m^2, because O want to predict how much water will my solar oven evaporate given a certain quantity of iluminance. My solar oven is composed of a aerial with more than 300 pieces of glass glued on it, I can consider it a perfect reflector.

How is the resistor giving a value? What kind of value? And what kind of resistor?

_Gandalf_ said:
Ok I'll try. I can mesure the iluminance of the light, in lux, (yes, I changed the way I mesure)...
Great! Can you change the way you measure to give you watts per square meter?
...want to predict how much water will my solar oven evaporate given a certain quantity of iluminance. My solar oven is composed of a aerial with more than 300 pieces of glass glued on it, I can consider it a perfect reflector.
Can't you just use the known value for the sun's intensity? Why do you even need to measure it?

I agree with @nasu that your posts are so vague that it is difficult to help you.

1. How can I measure light intensity?

Light intensity can be measured using a light meter or photometer. These devices measure the amount of light that falls on a surface and provide a numerical value for the intensity.

2. What is the unit of measurement for light intensity?

The unit of measurement for light intensity is lux (lx). Lux is a measure of the amount of light that falls on a surface per unit area.

3. How can I measure the energy of light?

The energy of light can be measured using a spectrophotometer. This device measures the amount of light at different wavelengths and can calculate the energy based on the wavelength and frequency of the light.

4. How can I correlate light intensity and energy?

To correlate light intensity and energy, you can use the equation E=hc/λ, where E is energy, h is Planck's constant, c is the speed of light, and λ is the wavelength of light. By measuring the intensity and wavelength of light, you can calculate the energy of the light.

5. What factors affect the correlation between light intensity and energy?

The main factor that affects the correlation between light intensity and energy is the wavelength of light. The longer the wavelength, the lower the energy and vice versa. Other factors that can affect the correlation include the source of light, the medium through which the light travels, and any obstructions that may affect the intensity of light.