How Can I Improve My Homemade Wind Turbine's Charging System?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Alexb91
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello! I recently built my own wind turbine. The motor is from an old treadmill, the blades are 5 pvc blades i made from scratch. So I built the whole thing, but the circuitry doesn't work so its just basically looking cool and doing nothing. My roommates are giving me crap about it, but they are dweebs. Anyways I really could use some advice/guidance on this setup I designed (I think its a design). I attached a photo of the schematic, go easy on me I am still learning about electronics.

Charge Controller: http://www.ebay.com/itm/331426976171 which i got for 14 bucks at the time... unknown why!
Voltage booster: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008ATU2X8/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Motor specs: I think are 95v @ 5-6k rpm - 22.5amps


Since the rpm's on the motor were super high I was only seeing between 4-10V sometimes 14V. So i had to change the circuit up a bit... Hence the bizarre schematic HERE
f4b199c2-cb37-4194-ac4b-8c6475844fab.jpg


Basically i was going for this http://www.hydrogenappliances.com/Parallelcharging.html

Thanks!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
God, what a mishmash. You have a 22A generator feeding a 1A voltage booster feeding a 440A diverter. Then 6 X 6v batteries. Are those golf cart batteries?

1 amp is only enough to trickle charge those batteries.

You say it does nothing. What voltage and current measurements do you have?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman