How can you design a science fair project on bullet velocity and impact physics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 7K views
supmn084
anyone have any ideas how I could design a science fair project around bullet physics? I was leaning toward muzzle velocity and bullet speed. also the power the different calibre's of bullets have on impact but I am not sure how to design the experiment or measure results any help would be appreciated!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
'I\'m not sure if this concept is still around, but when I was in high school I ran into the idea of \"kinetic pulse\" on a web page somewhere. I experimented with crater depth and tried to determine a relation between \"kinetic pulse\" and crater depth. Can\'t remember the formula off the top of my head, but here\'s the website:\r\n\r\nhttp://www.xmission.com/~fractil/math/kp.html\r\n\r\nI also didn\'t use bullets, but with the right material (something that\'s not going to break upon impact), you could get something together.'