How cant EM wawe escape from a black hole?

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of black holes and the concept of general relativity. The speaker is seeking scientific papers on the subject and is given the recommendation of the book Exploring Black Holes: Introduction to General Relativity by Taylor and Wheeler. The listener also confirms the speaker's understanding of black holes being a result of the curved space in general relativity.
fresnelspot
i need to have some scientific papers about this. I understand the massive ones
but i can't understand it when it comes to a EM wawe. Can anyone advice me a book or a paper ?

Space news on Phys.org
Try the book Exploring Black Holes: Introduction to General Relativity by Taylor and Wheeler.

George Jones said:
Try the book Exploring Black Holes: Introduction to General Relativity by Taylor and Wheeler.

Thank you dude.

I got a point while i was thinking about it later. Can you say if i thought the right way?

It can't escape because it is not about the particle , because of the bending of the spacetime . So if there is no exit, it doesn't matter if you have mass or not

That is exactly correct. In fact, Black Holes are often referred to as "a prediction of General Relativity," because only the curved space of GR makes the trapping of light possible.

1. How does an electromagnetic wave escape from a black hole?

Electromagnetic waves do not actually escape from a black hole. They can only escape from the event horizon, which is the point of no return for anything entering a black hole. This means that if an electromagnetic wave is emitted before it reaches the event horizon, it can escape, but once it crosses the event horizon, it can never escape.

2. What happens to electromagnetic waves as they approach a black hole?

As electromagnetic waves approach a black hole, they experience extreme gravitational forces. This causes the waves to be stretched out and lose energy, making them appear redder and weaker. This phenomenon is known as gravitational redshift.

3. Can electromagnetic waves be emitted from a black hole?

No, electromagnetic waves cannot be emitted directly from a black hole because nothing, including light, can escape the intense gravitational pull of a black hole. However, electromagnetic waves can be emitted from the accretion disk surrounding the black hole or from matter falling into the black hole before crossing the event horizon.

4. How can we detect electromagnetic waves from a black hole?

We can detect electromagnetic waves from a black hole by observing the effects of the waves on the surrounding matter or space. For example, we can detect X-rays emitted from the accretion disk, or we can observe gravitational lensing caused by the bending of light around the black hole.

5. Do all types of electromagnetic waves behave the same way near a black hole?

No, different types of electromagnetic waves behave differently near a black hole. For instance, X-rays can penetrate the accretion disk and escape, while visible light is absorbed by the disk and cannot escape. Additionally, the gravitational redshift effect is more pronounced for longer wavelength waves, such as radio waves, compared to shorter wavelength waves like X-rays.