How Did You Find This Site?

• Thread starter kschwitkis
  • Start date
In summary, the site was found through a search engine or a referral link. Users may also have stumbled upon the site through social media or word of mouth. Regardless of the method, the site offers valuable information and resources for its visitors.
kschwitkis
How did you find PF?
Google search on "Ungrading physics"
To start, I found this site by searching for Ungrading physics. I'm currently reading Ungrading by Alfie Kohn.

About me,

Teaching Physics/Astronomy/Engineering at Compton College is a second career for me. Before, I was at Hughes Aircraft/Boeing helping to build and take care of satellite payloads for commercial and government vendors. Before that, I was at SLAC doing research and got my PhD from UCSB (thanks to Steve Yellin).

Currently, at Compton, I try to instill a system engineering approach to teaching, but am still struggling with grading. Boy to I not like that. I really enjoy the chance to play. For example, before Covid, we launched to High-altitude-balloons from the school. You can see our lecture we did, that is our STEM Club, at Griffith Observatories All-Space-Considered for April ().

I'm a want-a-be mountaineer. Still, haven't done all of the California 14ers (only done 4), and might not cause of aging out. Still did all of the HPS peaks, and led trips to over half (~150). Still teaching backpacking, climbing, and OEC.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF! It's great to have you here. :smile:

You can tell by the avatar for Mentor @Mark44 that others here enjoy mountaineering as well. :smile:

kschwitkis said:
Still, haven't done all of the California 14ers (only done 4), and might not cause of aging out.
I've done two of them -- Shasta and Whitney, but wasn't aware that there were any more than that in California. The others must be the little bumps near Whitney. For me, Whitney was just a walk up the trail. More challenging would be the actual rock climb up the east face.

kschwitkis said:
Still did all of the HPS peaks,
HPS = ??

Likes berkeman