How Do I Calculate σx, σy, and τxy for a Mohr's Circle Analysis?

  • Thread starter Thread starter stevoxbx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Circle Shaft
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 6K views
stevoxbx
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Ive been told to have a Mohr's circle in a project that I'm doing
Ive never done anything to do with Mohr's Circle or stresses/strains before so I'm unsure what to do

Attached file shows FBD of shaft made from AISI A514 steel

Homework Equations



From reading up about mohr's circle I will be able to complete a diagram knowing σx, σy and τxy (i think!)

The Attempt at a Solution



I don't know how to go about getting σx, σy and τxy



https://www.physicsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18323&stc=1&d=1239035663
 
Attachments
  • FBD.jpg
    FBD.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 905
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org