How Do I Calculate the Lift Force of a Jack Screw?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rambo 3504
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Calculation Lift
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
rambo 3504
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
What formula would I use to calculate the lift force of a Jack Screw
when I know the force exerted on the linear screw? It would be similar to the Jack used to lift a car.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If you fill out the homework template and post in homework section you'll have a much better chance of getting help.

The car jack is a very common example you'll find in nearly all mechanical engineering design textbooks. Shigley's Mechanical Engineering Design is a good one.

Searching the PF forum "scissor jack" will net you 46 threads about the topic.