How Do I Convert Voltage Readings to Pressure in mm H2O Using a Setra 264?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
temaire
Messages
275
Reaction score
0
I'm using a http://www.setra.com/ProductDetails/264_HVAC.htm" to measure pressure differences in a water manometer. However, I am getting outputs in voltage using a voltmeter and want to know how to convert these voltages to pressure in mm H2O.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Your instrument will output a signal between 0 - 5 VDC.

The span may be between 0.1 inwc to 100 inwc. This should be listed on the nameplate.

The instrument will output the maximum span value at 5 VDC and linear values in between.

For example, suppose it is spanned to 100 inwc. The output will look like:

Instrument Output, Differential Pressure
0 VDC, 0 inwc
2.5 VDC, 50 inwc
5 VDC, 100 inwc

Sometimes, if a differential pressure instrument is used for flow rate, there will be a square root function included. Double check, but I did not see this.