How Do Mass Constraints Affect Space-Time Diagrams in the De Sitter Light Cone?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Cluelessluke
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cone Light Light cone
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Cluelessluke
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Hey there!

I'm relatively new to this website and I have a quick question. If I have some function t(x), that is time for a given x, with a M (mass) constraint, namely...

M^2 = 1 --> Null

M^2 > 0 --> Time-like

M^2 < 0 --> Space-like

If I wanted to see what these space-time diagrams looked like for different curves, is it more complicated than simply just plotting this t(x) function with different masses? When I do this my answer is making close to no sense.
 
Physics news on Phys.org