How do temperature and pressure affect each other in the cockpit?

• Thread starter FlyDad145
  • Start date
In summary, the temperature and pressure in a cockpit are closely related and can greatly affect each other. As the temperature increases, the air molecules in the cockpit expand and create less density, leading to a decrease in pressure. On the other hand, as the temperature decreases, the air molecules contract and create more density, resulting in an increase in pressure. This relationship is important for pilots to understand as it can affect the performance of the aircraft and the accuracy of the instruments. Changes in temperature and pressure can also impact the comfort and safety of passengers and crew members. Therefore, it is crucial for pilots to constantly monitor and adjust these variables during flight to ensure a smooth and safe journey.
FlyDad145
How did you find PF?
Duckduckgo search
I'm a pilot for a cargo airline and I was doing some web browsing around looking for some information regarding a cockpit conversation we were having at work and came across your site!

I wouldn't call myself a science "expert" but I'm a science geek, and flying long haul makes me feel like I'm living in a world I enjoy studying.

From being marveled by weather phenomena to watching auroras to the thrill of experiencing the miracle of powered flight, it's pure joy to see the world and universe's treasures!

The discussion we were having was regarding the physics laws regarding the relationships between temperature and pressure.

Here's a video that sparked the discussion!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtuYIumiulODhjf6cXEcvnR0-Zcc?e=mRGFMv

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

:smile:

Welcome to the forum. Always nice to have a person that loves their work (even greater to BE such a person so as my buddy in Australia says "good on ya").

Likes FlyDad145
Back