How Do You Calculate BTUs from Temperature Change in a Heat Exchanger?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
drkidd22
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Hello,
I'm working with a heat exchanger I'm trying to integrate into a cooling application. I've done some tests but want to have some clear understating of how the calculations are done or if I have missed something. Below is what I have so far.
So it's a radiation with 2 pwm fans, they push air through the radiator. It has a 1.7gpm water flow through the loop.

Air temp into fans: 30.1C
Air temp out fans (rear radiator): 59.2C
Input water temp to radiator: 64.8C
Output water temp from radiator:56.5C

So what I get from this is that the radiator is removing 8.3C from the water temp. How would this translate to actual power or BTUs dissipated by the radiator?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
drkidd22 said:
1.7gpm water flow
drkidd22 said:
8.3C from the water temp
drkidd22 said:
actual power or BTUs
Power? You want BTU/hr if you're interested in English units. What's the definition of BTU?