How Do You Calculate Gain and Cutoff Frequency in a Switched Capacitor Circuit?

  • Topic: Engineering 
  • Thread starter Thread starter foobag
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Capacitor Circuit
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
foobag
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/4392/capturejs.jpg


To start: I believe this is a low pass filter gain equivalent circuit, with Capacitor in feedback with two resistors.

To find the resistors I wasnt really sure but I found something in my textbook Req = 1/C*f, so could I use the two separate capacitors and frequency switches to calculate the equivalent resistances?

So the low frequency gain would be A = -R2/R1, where R2 and R1 would be the equivalent resistances based on the capacitors and frequency.

And fo = 1/2*pi*R2*C1 ??

Could someone please check this logic over and get back to me. My assignment is due SOON!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org