Kurtis McIntosh
- 6
- 0
Homework Statement
Assume the magnitude of the electric field on each face of the cube of edge L = 1.07 m in the figure below is uniform and the directions of the fields on each face are as indicated. (Take E1 = 35.1 N/C and E2 = 25.3 N/C.)
A.) Find the net electric flux through the cube.
B.) Find the net charge in the cube.
Homework Equations
Electric Flux = Electrical Field * Area
The Attempt at a Solution
I don't really understand how to solve for the net electric flux in the problem. I thought you would just take the difference in forces for each direction, multiplied by the area, then solve to find the magnitude using the x and y fluxes, but I'm clearly missing something here. I've included a photo of the cube. I've also tried solving for the flux on each individual face and then finding the sum of the fluxes, but that doesn't seem to work either.
Attachments