How Do You Calculate Sheet Resistance of a Copper Layer in an IC?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sup17
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Resistance
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 6K views
sup17
Messages
3
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


he thickness of a copper layer, deposited to create the interconnecting tracks in an IC is 100 nm. Copper resistivity: 1.7 at 0.0039 degrees C^(-1)
What is the sheet resistance of the copper layer at 27 C?

Homework Equations


The Attempt at a Solution


I don't know what equations to use to calculate the sheet resistance. Can I get some assistance in what equation to use?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
sup17 said:

Homework Statement


he thickness of a copper layer, deposited to create the interconnecting tracks in an IC is 100 nm. Copper resistivity: 1.7 at 0.0039 degrees C^(-1)
What is the sheet resistance of the copper layer at 27 C?


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


I don't know what equations to use to calculate the sheet resistance. Can I get some assistance in what equation to use?

Please re-post the question -- there appear to be typos in the post. Also include units for each quantity.

The basic equation for resistance is

[tex]R = \rho \frac{L}{A}[/tex]

Are you familiar with that equation?