How Do You Calculate Taylor Polynomials for f(x,y) = ln(3y-8x) at Point (1,1)?

  • Thread starter Thread starter coolingwater
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Polynomial Taylor
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
coolingwater
Messages
23
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


f(x,y) = ln(3y-8x)

Derive the first and second order Taylor polynomial approx, L(x,t) and Q(x,t), for T(x,T) about the point (1,1)


Homework Equations


-None-


The Attempt at a Solution


I do not understand what the question wants, nor do i want a solution. I would love to know how do i proceed to do the questions, probably a few steps and directions as i do want to learn how to tackle the question. Thank you!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
coolingwater said:

Homework Statement


f(x,y) = ln(3y-8x)

Derive the first and second order Taylor polynomial approx, L(x,t) and Q(x,t), for T(x,T) about the point (1,1)


Homework Equations


-None-


The Attempt at a Solution


I do not understand what the question wants, nor do i want a solution. I would love to know how do i proceed to do the questions, probably a few steps and directions as i do want to learn how to tackle the question. Thank you!

Look in your textbook, or Google "Taylor expansion". For example, see equation (30) in
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/TaylorSeries.html .

RGV