How Do You Calculate the Input Power of a Series RLC Circuit?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
haha1234
Messages
109
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



A series RLC circuit contains the following components: R = 250 Ω, L = 0.300 H, C = 3.00 µF, and a source with ΔVmax = 240 V operating at 70.0 Hz. Our goal is to find the phase angle, the power factor, and the power input for this circuit.

(g) Find the power input to the circuit.

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



I've searched through my book but I cannot find how to calculate the input power of the circuit.
I've tried to use P=IV to find the input power, but I still cannot find the correct answer.:cry:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Only one of those elements dissipates power. Which element is that?

What is a formula that gives the power that element dissipates?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1 person