What's Your Favorite Way to Enjoy Coffee?

• Thread starter Hyped
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Coffee
In summary, the conversation revolved around the participants' preferences for coffee. Some preferred strong coffee, while others liked it with milk and sugar. Some mentioned their specific methods for brewing coffee, such as using a French press and freshly ground beans. Others mentioned their preference for tea over coffee. The conversation also touched on the importance of using good quality coffee beans and proper brewing techniques. The participants also shared their preferred coffee brands and ways to make the perfect cup of coffee.
Evo said:
After drinking coffee in Italy, it doesn't matter what brand I use or how it's brewed. Nothing is as good as those tiny plastic cough medicine cups of thick, black, syrupy substance you get at a stand up coffee bar in Sicily.

My first morning in Italy, suffering from a bad case of jet lag, I went to get a cup of coffee at breakfast and all they had were these teeny tiny little cups. I finally found a decent size mug at a different table and was able to finally fill it up (the coffee came out really slow).

Howzaaa! Holy cow! WTF??!

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm down to a 1/4 cup of coffee a day. I must admit there are days when I do drink two cups. Never had a problem drinking it as some people do. I like different blends mixed together. The American Chemical Society had an interesting article from March 21 that was encouraging for coffee drinkers who may shy away from it. Here's a snip from it.

Their report, presented here at the 239th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, included the counter-intuitive finding that espresso, French roast, and other dark-roasted coffee may be easier on the tummy because these roasts contain a substance that tells the stomach to reduce production of acid.

The research could lead to a new generation of stomach-friendly brews with the rich taste and aroma of regular coffee, the scientists said.

“This discovery is going to help a lot of people who suffer from coffee sensitivity,” say Veronika Somoza, Ph.D. from the University of Vienna in Austria, and Thomas Hofmann, Ph.D. from the Technische Universität München in Germany, who conducted the study. “As coffee-lovers, we’re very excited about this research.”
http://portal.acs.org/portal/acs/corg/content?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=PP_ARTICLEMAIN&node_id=222&content_id=CNBP_024342&use_sec=true&sec_url_var=region1&__uuid=

Last edited by a moderator:
Bottoms up

Coffee: A favorite beverage around the world, particularly in the United States. 75% of the adults in the United State drink at least one cup of coffee daily. We’ve all heard the good, the bad, and the even worse about coffee. But we’ve also heard about the benefits including the fact that coffee is rich in antioxidants. Coffee has more antioxidants than wine, tea, vegetables and even fruit. Once more the quality of antioxidants in coffee are more bioavailable.

http://www.betternetworker.com/articles/view/mlm-news/companies/a-company-review-asantae-java%E2%84%A2-coffee-for-your-health

If I have time to savor it and brew it, a nice dark roast with one sugar and some milk or half and half.

If it's from the cafe at work that serves Starbucks blends, it's a latte (half milk) with no sugar...their coffee is too terrible to drink it with less than half a cup of milk.

If it's from the fabulous Italian restaurant my boyfriend took me to, it's espresso...no sugar or milk. Finding a good, smooth cup of espresso is like heaven to me and shouldn't be cut with anything.

If it's first thing in the morning and I just need to caffeinate myself to function, it's the too weak, but quick brewed coffee from my Keurig brewer (don't get one if you only like dark coffee, but if you just don't have time in the morning to wait for coffee to brew, it's the most wonderful invention ever). It brews one cup at a time, and is ready by the time I'm done scooping Ember's food into her bowl (I keep the coffee and cat food in the same cabinet...and hope I never mix the two up in the morning).

I cut my caffeine with lidocaine and snort it directly.. Err wrong forum. I prefer extra large coffee with 2 sugars and milk with a shot of espresso.

Back