How Far Does a Rocket-Powered Hockey Puck Land from the Base of a Table?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
truknowledge8
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
[SOLVED] Help please with dynamics 2: MOTION IN A PLANE

A rocket-powered hockey puck has a thrust of 3.0 N and a total mass of 1.0 kg. It is released from rest on a frictionless table, 4.0 m from the edge of a 2.0 m drop. The front of the rocket is pointed directly toward the edge. How far does the puck land from the base of the table?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You have not shown any attempt on your part. Start by finding the time it takes for the puck to hit the ground once it leaves the table.
 
Last edited:
I already found acceleration for x and y axis, delta T, and delta y but I can't find the velocity on the x-axis once the puck flies off the table. I need the velocity in order to find delta x.