How fast does PF increase?

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
In summary, the typical daily increase of members at PF ranges from 40-50 on average. However, this growth may not be linear and some members may also be losing weight. It is also important to note that inactive accounts are periodically deleted, keeping the member numbers more realistic. The number of active members may also be increasing, contributing to the overall growth of the site.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Out of curiosity, what is the typical daily increase of members at PF?
(Sends Greg&Warren off on an exhausting search..)

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks; sorry I exhausted you.
I owe you a beer.

Some us decrease.I mean a lotta members are losing weight each day.So the sum could have a negative result :-p and impact :eek:

Daniel.

Daniel do you LOSE weight by sitting in front of a computer all day?
That's weird..

Yeah.Because I'm not eating...:bugeye: The kitchen is more than 20 m away from mu bedroom...

Daniel.

Greg Bernhardt said:
After hours of searching... jk

We average about 40-50 new members a day.
average, I wonder whether the growth is linear..

I think what is also important to note is that Greg periodically deletes inactive accounts which keeps the member numbers more realistic than some forums that list every registration ever made.

Till now Greg has deleted 6,746 accounts.

Daniel.

Monique said:
average, I wonder whether the growth is linear..

Average for the past few months.

Greg Bernhardt said:
After hours of searching... jk

We average about 40-50 new members a day.

IIRC a couple of summers back we had a unofficial pool about when we would hit 2000 members. I think then we were doing more like 7 or 8 a day! This place is really growing up.

Are the numbers of active members increasing as well, or has the site hit somewhat of an equilibrium of new users coming in and other users becoming inactive?

FAQ: How fast does PF increase?

1. How is PF (Power Factor) calculated?

PF is calculated by dividing the real power (kW) by the apparent power (kVA).

2. What is the typical range of PF values?

The typical range of PF values is between 0.5 and 1.0. A PF of 1.0 is considered perfect, while a PF below 0.9 is considered poor.

3. How fast can PF increase?

The speed at which PF increases depends on various factors such as the type of load, the size of the capacitor bank, and the frequency of the power supply. Generally, PF can increase within a few seconds to a few minutes.

4. What are the benefits of increasing PF?

Increasing PF can result in cost savings by reducing energy consumption, improving voltage stability, and reducing line losses. It also helps to comply with utility regulations and avoid penalties for low PF.

5. How can PF be increased?

PF can be increased by installing power factor correction equipment such as capacitor banks, using more efficient equipment, and reducing the use of reactive power by optimizing loads and minimizing harmonics.

Back