Vital
- 108
- 4
Homework Statement
Hello!
I will be grateful for your help in deciphering the meaning of a paragraph from the book. I honestly don't understand how they got the semi-circle on the xy graph by transferring it from rθ graph.
Homework Equations
I attach the screen shot from the book.
The Attempt at a Solution
(1) if on xy graph values of r are on the x-axis, and values of θ are on the y axis, then when r = 6, we have to plot θ = 0, it's clear and corresponds to the point (6,0);
(2) but then when r = 3√2, θ = π/4, and when r = 0, θ = π/2, so I don't understand how could they "finish" the curve at the origin, namely at (0,0)? How that xy curve was formed by transforming values from the rθ curve?
Thank you very much!
Attachments