How Long Does It Take a Feather to Fall 1.4 Meters on the Moon?

  • Thread starter Thread starter C42711
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Acceleration
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
C42711
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
A feather is dropped on the moon from a height of 1.40 meters. The acceleration of gravity on the moon is 1.67 m/s2 Determine the time for the feather to fall to the surface of the moon.

So, I wrote my given:
d=1.4 m
a= 1.67 m/s2
both initial and final velocity= 0

I know I am looking for time, but I have no idea what equation to use. I tried:
vf= vi+at , but I didn't get the right answer. The answer should be 1.29 s.
Any help would be much appreciated, please and thank you!:)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
This does: d=vi+1/2*at2
but I didn't get the right answer with that either, I got .75:(