How long is this area in the air?

• Thread starter shawn2004
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Air Area
In summary, the speaker is struggling with solving equations and asks for help with a specific problem involving rotational motion. They also mention another problem involving shooting an arrow. They request clarification and a summary of the given information.
shawn2004
I understand what they are asking me in these problem but I don't know how plug these numbers in the equations.
If you could help me it would be wonderful thanks.
Fc if spun on a 2.5m string at 6 radians every 10 seconds?An arrow is shot at 20 m/s at an angle from the horizontal of 37 degree.what its maximum height? time in the air?Horitzontal range

tangential velociy if rotational frequency=0.75 Hz with a readius of 4.0m

Angular accerlation if change from 10rad/pie to stopped in 3.0 seconds?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
shawn2004 said:
I understand what they are asking me in these problem but I don't know how plug these numbers in the equations.
If you could help me it would be wonderful thanks.
Fc if spun on a 2.5m string at 6 radians every 10 seconds?

An arrow is shot at 20 m/s at an angle from the horizontal of 37 degree.what its maximum height? time in the air?Horitzontal range

tangential velociy if rotational frequency=0.75 Hz with a readius of 4.0m

Angular accerlation if change from 10rad/pie to stopped in 3.0 seconds?

Um, no offense but I don't really understand anything you just said, could you make it a bit more clear?

I would first clarify what type of motion is being described in each scenario. For the first problem, it appears to be describing circular motion, so I would use equations related to circular motion such as centripetal force and angular velocity. For the second problem, it seems to be describing projectile motion, so I would use equations related to projectile motion such as initial velocity, angle, and acceleration due to gravity.

To answer the first question about the length of time in the air, I would need to use the equation for angular velocity (ω = Δθ/Δt) and solve for time (Δt). In this case, the initial angle is 6 radians and the time is 10 seconds, so the time in the air would be 10 seconds.

For the second problem, to find the maximum height, I would use the equation for projectile motion (h = (v^2 * sin^2θ)/2g) where v is the initial velocity (20 m/s), θ is the angle (37 degrees), and g is the acceleration due to gravity (9.8 m/s^2). To find the time in the air, I would use the equation (t = 2v * sinθ/g) where v is the initial velocity and θ is the angle. To find the horizontal range, I would use the equation (R = v^2 * sin2θ/g).

For the last problem, to find the angular acceleration, I would use the equation (α = Δω/Δt) where Δω is the change in angular velocity (from 10 rad/π to 0) and Δt is the change in time (3 seconds).

FAQ: How long is this area in the air?

1. How is the "area in the air" defined?

The "area in the air" refers to the amount of time an object spends in the air between its initial launch and final landing.

2. What factors affect the length of time an object stays in the air?

The length of time an object stays in the air is influenced by factors such as initial velocity, air resistance, and gravity. Other factors may include the shape and weight of the object, as well as any external forces acting on it.

3. How can the time in the air be calculated?

The time in the air can be calculated using the equation t = (2v/g), where t is the time, v is the initial velocity, and g is the acceleration due to gravity. This equation assumes no air resistance and a constant gravitational force.

4. Can the area in the air be increased or decreased?

Yes, the area in the air can be increased or decreased by changing the initial velocity or manipulating other factors such as air resistance. For example, a higher initial velocity will result in a longer time in the air, while increased air resistance will decrease the time in the air.

5. How does altitude affect the time in the air?

Altitude can affect the time in the air due to changes in air density and air resistance. At higher altitudes, the air is less dense and therefore offers less resistance, allowing objects to stay in the air for a longer period of time. However, changes in altitude may also affect other factors, such as wind patterns, which can impact the time in the air as well.

Back