How many of you have not had a bf or gf?

• Thread starter peejake
  • Start date
In summary: Girls= whatever makes them feel good and look good. When you're out with a girl, just be yourself and don't try to be someone you're not. In summary, many people have wanted to date or be in a relationship but have not been successful. There are several reasons for this, but the most important thing is to be yourself and not try to be someone you're not.
LeBrad said:
I'll have you know that I am saving myself for http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player.jsp?player_id=431151" .
What a coincidence -- so am I. Hey, you do look kinda like him, just much less attractive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
arildno said:
In general, unattractive persons tend to lose confidence in themselves.
Sad, but true.
If you mean ugly people, I have to say that's not true at all!:rolleyes:

LeBrad said:
I'll have you know that I am saving myself for http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player.jsp?player_id=431151" .

What, and not Pedro Martinez? :rofl: he has a devastating circle changeup, a sharp breaking curveball and a career 2+ ERA with 2000+ strikeouts.

Relationships are for puny little mortals.

Just kidding. I've had a few crushes on other girls, but I've never had the guts or time to tell them. I've had 2 real big ones, one before left for
Alaska, while the one now, well, I'll just hang around.

I acknowledge a crush is a crush. Nothing much. Thats probably the reason why I am not telling. Better to keep yourself too busy with work.

Don't try to find a girlfriend, just start making friends. You need to feel comfortable talking to people, girls or guys. Spark up a conversation with the guy sitting next to you on the train, or ask the girl behind the counter at the supermarket how her day was.

The more people you meet, the better the chance that you will find someone you like, and that likes you as well. I never met any of my ex-girlfriends because I was looking for someone to like. Just practice talking to people you don't know, and getting to know them, the rest will happen in good time.

LeBrad said:

i told you guys...But u didnt listen....:rofl:

There was one I liked enough to consider. It turned out I wasn't her type... being male.

I didn't have my first girlfriend until I was 18 and freshly graduated from high school. Fortunately we didn't have internet message boards back then, which saved me the indignity of trumpeting to the whole world what a dork I was.

*pauses as sickening irony sets in*

Oh buggers, I just let the cat out of the bag didn't I?

Tyris said:
There was one I liked enough to consider. It turned out I wasn't her type... being male.

should have gone after her anyway... could have gotten pretty interesting!

Tom Mattson said:
Fortunately we didn't have internet message boards back then, which saved me the indignity of trumpeting to the whole world what a dork I was.

For the sake of not having a gf right now i wish there were nothin as email and txting...Because i feel that these two things made me get sooo attatched to them that i find it hard to actually ask a girl out in real life...

:mad: Txting:mad: :mad: Email/Msn:mad:

Jake:!) :!) :!)

Anyway I am glad that this topic has started up again... Keep it going people:smile:

Tom Mattson said:
I didn't have my first girlfriend until I was 18 and freshly graduated from high school. Fortunately we didn't have internet message boards back then, which saved me the indignity of trumpeting to the whole world what a dork I was.

*pauses as sickening irony sets in*

Oh buggers, I just let the cat out of the bag didn't I?
That's okay, it's ancient history now. :biggrin:

I'm 20, and have never had a girlfriend. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that I haven't even had any friends since I started college two years ago. At college, I've never even been in anyone else's residence for social reasons (i.e., no parties, no hanging out, etc.). I'm really very sad, though from what others have told me, I appear quite happy. Is there anyone else that's been in my situation? How did you get out of it?

I've never had a girlfriend...up until a week ago :biggrin:
she's so perfect. and to top it off, smoking hot too. Having a gf rocks! and we haven't even done anything too, how you say, physical...yet

edit: I'm 19, so i think I'm definitely behind the times. I didn't even kiss a girl (her^) until a month ago

Hopefully, you'll still think physics is fun.

I know, it was rather bad.

oh yes,
nothing like a good practical demonstration of conductive heat transfer :wink:

Kukurio said:
I'm 20, and have never had a girlfriend. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that I haven't even had any friends since I started college two years ago. At college, I've never even been in anyone else's residence for social reasons (i.e., no parties, no hanging out, etc.). I'm really very sad, though from what others have told me, I appear quite happy. Is there anyone else that's been in my situation? How did you get out of it?

Hello, I used to be like you until one day i said to myself, enough is enough. I started practicing more sports (for socializing) and going to the parties/get togethers i was invited to, all worked from there.

Cyclovenom said:
Hello, I used to be like you until one day i said to myself, enough is enough. I started practicing more sports (for socializing) and going to the parties/get togethers i was invited to, all worked from there.

Same here and I took your approach too.

I left all my friends from high school. They all got into drugs and things, so I had to go. I went from having too many friends to virtually none in a matter of months.