How many times I can charge my 5000mah mobile from 12 volt 7ah battery?

In summary: Also, please note that constantly charging your phone to 100% is not recommended as it can reduce the battery's lifespan. In summary, with a 12V 7Ahr battery, you can expect to charge your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 approximately 4-5 times, depending on the efficiency of the charger and any losses in the batteries.
Biycchu
Please help me. How many times I can charge my 5000mah mobile from 12 volt 7ah battery. I will use dc mobile charger.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

It depends on the charger. The most efficient ones will use a DC-DC converter to convert the 12V input to the 5V output for your phone's USB charger input port. Still, your phone has a 5Ah capacity at 5V, and your external battery has 7Ah capacity at 12V? If so, you will only get 2-3 recharges out of that external battery, most likely. What model is your phone, and which external battery are you wanting to use?

Likes collinsmark and Biycchu
It also depends on the phone. I had a spare battery for a Samsung Galaxy S5. It was rated at 5.6 AH

Likes Biycchu
my mobile is asus zenfone max pro m2. I will buy 7ah smf battery from amazon.

5Ahr phone bat is probably Li-ion single cell, therefore 3.7V. So your phone needs about 18Whrs (5Ahrx3.7V) to charge from 0% charge to 100% charge.

A 12V 7Ahr battery contains about 85Whrs of energy so assuming no losses you could completely charge your phone about 4.5 times from that battery. Now there will be some losses in both batteries and in the charger itself which will reduce the number of full charges.

Likes Biycchu

1. How long will a 5000mAh mobile battery last when charged from a 12V 7Ah battery?

The amount of time a 5000mAh mobile battery will last when charged from a 12V 7Ah battery depends on several factors, such as the efficiency of the charging process, the age and condition of both batteries, and the power consumption of the mobile device. On average, it can be expected to last around 3-4 full charges.

2. Is it safe to charge a 5000mAh mobile battery from a 12V 7Ah battery?

Yes, it is safe to charge a 5000mAh mobile battery from a 12V 7Ah battery as long as both batteries are in good condition and the appropriate charging method is used. It is important to use a proper charging cable and to monitor the charging process to prevent overcharging or overheating.

3. Can I charge my 5000mAh mobile battery multiple times from a 12V 7Ah battery?

Yes, you can charge your 5000mAh mobile battery multiple times from a 12V 7Ah battery. The number of times will depend on the factors mentioned in the first question, but on average, it can be charged around 3-4 times before the 12V 7Ah battery needs to be recharged.

4. Will charging my mobile battery from a 12V 7Ah battery affect its lifespan?

Charging your mobile battery from a 12V 7Ah battery should not significantly affect its lifespan. However, it is important to use proper charging methods and not overcharge the battery, as this can lead to reduced battery life over time.

5. Can I use a 12V 7Ah battery to charge other devices besides my mobile?

Yes, a 12V 7Ah battery can be used to charge other devices besides a mobile phone, as long as the appropriate charging cable and method are used. However, the number of times it can charge other devices may vary depending on the power consumption of the device and the remaining capacity of the battery.