How many times I can charge my 5000mah mobile from 12 volt 7ah battery?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 11K views
Biycchu
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Please help me. How many times I can charge my 5000mah mobile from 12 volt 7ah battery. I will use dc mobile charger.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

It depends on the charger. The most efficient ones will use a DC-DC converter to convert the 12V input to the 5V output for your phone's USB charger input port. Still, your phone has a 5Ah capacity at 5V, and your external battery has 7Ah capacity at 12V? If so, you will only get 2-3 recharges out of that external battery, most likely. What model is your phone, and which external battery are you wanting to use?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark and Biycchu
It also depends on the phone. I had a spare battery for a Samsung Galaxy S5. It was rated at 5.6 AH
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Biycchu
my mobile is asus zenfone max pro m2. I will buy 7ah smf battery from amazon.
 
5Ahr phone bat is probably Li-ion single cell, therefore 3.7V. So your phone needs about 18Whrs (5Ahrx3.7V) to charge from 0% charge to 100% charge.

A 12V 7Ahr battery contains about 85Whrs of energy so assuming no losses you could completely charge your phone about 4.5 times from that battery. Now there will be some losses in both batteries and in the charger itself which will reduce the number of full charges.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Biycchu